Monday, November 5, 2012

Day 3: Fruits and Vegetables

Fruits and veggies, no bananas or potatoes

I woke up feeling energized and clear-minded this morning. No headache! To my surprise, I had lost another 2 pounds, for a total of 4 so far.

Mondays are always a long, busy day for me since we have various music and art lessons. Throw in a dental appointment and it can be a recipe for exhaustion! Since we have to leave the house early and are gone all day, I wanted to make sure we were stocked with enough food. I filled the cooler with things we could all eat-muffins and almond butter sandwiches for the kids (made with my Mom's grape jam!), salad for me, and fruit for all.

My quick, on-the-go breakfast was blackberries and kiwi.

For lunch, I prepared a huge salad with baby spinach, mixed salad greens, red bell pepper, broccoli sprouts, raw broccoli florets, and delicious creamy avocados. If I had enough time-I was rushing- I would have added carrots and another veggie or two. My dressing was olive oil, fresh lemon juice, garlic powder, dill, salt and pepper. It really was a lovely salad and I started devouring it mid-morning!

I drank plenty of water flavored with fresh lemon and apples.

A special treat was Panera coffee-plain dark roast- in the early afternoon. No cream or sugar!

My late afternoon snack was a nice, crispy apple.

Then I picked up Papa Murphy's pizza for dinner and let me tell you...after getting that baby out of the oven I wanted to swear life-long fidelity to cheesy crust and devour the whole thing! I think my hands were shaking as I cut up slices for the kids.

I did NOT lick my fingers. I washed them. I washed that cheesy cheese off.

Then I very calmly stabbed at my roasted asparagus and ate my dinner like a good girl.

That was an easy dinner to prepare-I just lined up the asparagus on my stoneware pan, drizzled on olive oil, seasoned with fresh garlic, salt, pepper, and roasted till tender and rather crispy on the ends because I left them in 5 minutes too long.

Like the night before, I really didn't feel terribly hungry at dinner so I only ate the asparagus although I originally thought I'd add sauteed onions and zucchini. 

Ignoring the pizza crusts that some careless and wasteful child left on his/her plate, I will now have a cup of tea and call it a day.

I think I'm actually looking forward to banana day tomorrow....probably only because I want whatever I haven't had the last 3 days!

Notes:
This day qualifies as fairly easy since the choices are now doubled! I liked the variety of choosing between fruits and vegetables. Again, it's very important to have several different options on hand for eating raw, sauteing, baking, and so on! It feels like you aren't quite so limited. ;)
Oops! After doing a little more research, I discovered that coffee, even plain and dark, is usually a no-no on this diet. The caffeine can add undesirable results, apparently. Oh well!

No comments:

Post a Comment