Friday, January 6, 2012

Meals: January 3-5

Tuesday
Breakfast:
Cinnamon Rolls (One can from Trader Joe's makes 5 large rolls-1 for each of us!)
Scrambled Eggs
Applesauce
Orange Juice

Lunch:
Bean & Bacon Soup (courtesy of Aldi's)
Pan of Parker House Rolls (pulled out of the freezer and warmed)
Celery Sticks

Dinner:
The Pioneer Woman's delightful Cheeseburger Salad. This one is a winner! We loved it. Ree is right; the pickles make the salad.

Also, the red onions.

Also, the buttery croutons.

Wednesday
Breakfast:
Skillet Granola with Fresh Strawberries and Blackberries

Lunch:
Leftovers of pizza, egg-rolls, and fresh Guacamole
(I love guacamole, but I thought the lime was overkill in that recipe-and I only used 1 lime instead of the required 2. Guacamole is one of those forgiving dishes, though-you can adjust the components as you like to suit your preferences!)

Dinner:
Oven Fried Chicken Tenders with Sauce, Roasted Red Potatoes, Steamed Peas
The chicken was easy. An old family favorite; something I've made since a teenager! Basically, you take your choice of chicken (traditionally, legs and thighs but for this meal I used tenderloins), dip in melted butter and then your choice of crushed saltine crackers or Ritz or a combination. Bake at about 350-400 degrees until chicken is cooked and tender and crust is crispy. The optional sauce, making it extra decadent, is equal parts of chive and onion cream cheese and chicken broth, whisked together and heated till creamy. Here is a similar recipe: Ritz Chicken with Cream Sauce.


Thursday
Breakfast:
Cold Cereal. End of story.

Lunch:
Nutella-on-raisin-bread sandwiches
Apple Slices

Dinner:
Zuppa Toscana Soup


3 comments:

  1. Sounds yummy and way more effort than I feel like I'm putting in lately!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Since I'm coming out of very little effort put towards meals in recent months, and Tom is home all this week, I felt like it was time for me to start the new year with culinary flair! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. keep posting, I'm meal stalking! :)

    ReplyDelete