Monday, August 22, 2011

Notes from the start of our vacation...


Sunday evening we arrived safely in Branson. Our condo is located in a quiet, wooded area not far from Silver Dollar City.
We had a late night, one pot supper of Aldi's orange chicken and rice stir-fry. Then, one episode of “The Andy Griffith Show”, peanut m&m's, and snuggled down to bed. The kids were sooo excited!

Monday morning, fresh blueberry pancakes and sausage. Then, while Tom and I took care of some necessary “paperwork”, the kids had the time of their life playing in our ginormous jacuzzi tub. They emerged quite some time later like wrinkled prunes. Drew had been swimming underwater (yes, it's that big) so he was rewarded with a peanut m&m.
Then, we fried their brains with some educational T.V. while Tom finished with his work. Once that was done, we were off to play tennis. More like, off to catch balls. I forgot what an uncoordinated klutz I am. Caleb earned more peanut m&m's catching my stray balls. I do so love to bribe my children.
Then, off to the nearest Wal-Mart (just a couple miles down the road) for a few grocery and vacation necessities, like ice-cream cones. Bought peaches at a roadside stand just a few feet from the trees they were picked from.
Sandwiches for lunch, followed by ice-cream and more lounging around while watching another episode of Andy. Drew needed a nap, but it was our first day of vacation! Some concessions were in order.
Then, Tom took the kids around the corner to swim in the ultra cool water-park while I stayed to make yet more phone calls regarding our house purchase (making sure all our utilities and such will be set up in time for our move!).
A full afternoon of swimming in the lovely weather was a perfect way to finish out the day. The kids chose one of their favorite meals for dinner-spaghetti with garlic bread, fresh steamed green beans, and apple pie for dessert from Wal-Mart's illustrious bakery. The apple pie was Drew's idea. When I asked the kids for meal suggestions, that was his only one. Apple pie, and lots of it.

2 comments:

  1. Gosh. All that food!!!! You've made my mouth water:) Okay, I'm definitely coming down. I want to do something and be rewarded by peanut m&ms. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too, me too!
    -Rowena

    ReplyDelete