Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Drew, while driving


Drew likes to talk on and on in the car, so he can be quite entertaining and I think, "I need to write this down!" The kid is strapped in a car-seat and has nothing better to do than expostulate about my driving ("You drive as slow as a PICKLE, Mom!") or talk endlessly about what he is going to do when he grows up (the latest: "build mini bulldozers "), what we need at the store, why his brother and sister are bothering him, why we are taking this particular route, when am I going to cut my hair?, and anything else that pops into his over-sized curly head ("My shoes are getting WEAK, I need new ones, Mom.")
When I've reached my destination, sometime I'll grab a little notebook I keep in my purse and record a line or two from his dialoguing.
Here's a random question he posed:
Drew, seriously: "Mom, will you give me a dollar if I don't ask for gum for 25 years?"
Why yes, dear, I think that's a reasonable request! But you have to last the 25 years before you get your dollar.

 

Photo credit goes to my friend and amazing photographer Angie Parrett!

2 comments:

  1. He's so adorable! Thanks for sharing =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a guy like this too! I love it when he tries to use large words and gets them mixed up. Most recently we were discussing belly buttons on a jaunt around town. He said, "Oh, Mom, I have been meaning to ask. Was there blood all over the place when Dad cut my extension cord?"

    :) Love the notebook in your purse idea!!

    ReplyDelete