Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Spring Dinner


Tom has been building us a deck on the back of the house, and although it isn't quite finished, we've enjoyed sitting out there on balmy evenings (unlike the recent cold ones-brr!) to have dinner or dessert or just relax.


For our first "Spring Dinner on the Porch", I made rib steaks with whiskey cream sauce, roasted carrots, and mashed potatoes.

About that whiskey cream sauce: it was fabulous. I tried a teeny tiny bit of the whiskey before making the sauce, as I always like to sample my culinary alcohol, and I was in for a big surprise. I thought my lips were on fire, and my skin nearly turned inside out, not to mention the fireworks going off in my head. I had a new respect for the cowboys in old movies who downed a shot glass of the stuff. What did they have, cast-iron stomachs? After the taste test, I was initially skeptical, but it translated into a delicious creamy sauce! (Recipe from Pioneer Woman's Cookbook!)


Drew enjoying his dinner



In the two weeks since this photo was taken, the trees have really leafed out!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. Well, doesn't that porch look FABULOUS!!!!
    Drew look's so happy.Food look's yummy:)

    ~Essie girl~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello! I am commenting to let you know that we have awarded you the PURE IN HEART award. Check our blog for details!

    ReplyDelete