Mara planned and prepared our London itinerary (indeed, most of the trip was handled by her expertise!) and with a few variations, here is what our four days in London looked like:
Saturday March 13
- 8:00 am Arrive Heathrow
- 9:00? Take Heathrow connect to Ealing Broadway, then take Central line to North Acton Station.
- 9:30 – 10:00 Arrive at Express Holiday Inn Park Royal. Check in if possible, take showers, and get cleaned up. Take a short nap?
- 12:00 pm Get lunch then head out for Albert and Victoria Museum.
- 1:00 – 1:30 pm Arrive Albert and Victoria Museum, can stay until closing at 5:00 pm.
- 5:00 pm Eat supper/walk through Hyde Park/Head back to hotel.
Sunday March 14
- 9:00 – 9:15 am Leave hotel for Tower of London
- 10:00 Tower of London
- 2:00 pm Lunch break
- 2:30 – 2:45 Walk towards St. Paul’s Cathedral
- 4:45 pm Free organ recital at St. Paul’s
Monday March 13
- 9:30 Arrive @ Westminster Abby –Take Central line, transfer to Green/Yellow line @ Notting Hill Gate.
- 11:30 –12:00 Eat lunch? Head towards the National Maritime Museum and the Royal Observatory taking Waterloo South Eastern train to Greenwich (Towards Dartford Station)
- 5:00 pm Museum closes, head towards Dennis Severs’ House, eating supper in the area.
- 7:45 Dennis Severs’ house
Tuesday March 14
- 9:30,Take South West Train from Waterloo to Hampton Court
- 10:00 Hampton Court Palace opens. Spend the day here!