Monday, January 19, 2009

Notes From 1998 :: January


In addition to my regular
journaling, I also tried to keep a daily log of special events, random quotes and thoughts, scripture verses that were especially meaningful to me, anything that struck my fancy...

December 1997

28
Esther is a year old today! "How can I repay the Lord for all His goodness to me?...I will call on His name." Psalm 116:12

29
"Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts..."
A "rule of peace" is something I desire. I don't want to have fear in my heart. Col.3:15

30
"My soul finds rest in God alone." Psalm 62:1
"Though my father and mother forsake me the Lord will receive me." Psalm 27:10

31
New Year's Eve! Sang tonight at the DiGennaros'. I enjoyed it very much.
Excited to see how God will work in my life this coming new year!

January 1998

1
"When I stand in Glory, I will see His face, There I'll serve my King forever, In that holy place. Thank you, Oh, My Father, for giving us your Son..."

2
"One thing I ask of the Lord-this is what I seek-that I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life." from Psalm 27


3
"Make what you do today important, because you are exchanging a day of your life for it."

4
Lord, teach me how to worship and praise you. "Make a joyful noise to the Lord...praise His holy name..."

5
Ian is 6 today! We had a little party for him, and he had fun. Read in Luke 10- "I am the Good Shepherd."

6
Sometimes it is so easy to become discouraged and upset. "Do not fret-it leads only to evil." I need to keep a restful heart!

7
"Not by might, nor by power, but by my spirit, saith the Lord of hosts." Zach. 4:6
I surely have an awesome God!

8
"Who shall separate us from the love of Christ...?" Nothing! Romans 8:35-39
What a promise.

9
"He gives me beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning, the garment of praise for the cloak of despair..." Isaiah 61:3

10
Today is Dad and Mom's 17th anniversary!
"Teach us to number our days aright, that we may gain a heart of wisdom." Psalm 90:12

11

"Rushing Wind, blow through this temple, Blowing out the dust within. Come and breathe your breath upon me-I've been born again. " Keith Green

*note-"Rushing Wind" is one of my favorite songs and a good friend sang it during my wedding reception

12
"It's not who and what we are or what we can accomplish-it's who and what He is and all He desires to accomplish through us!" Holly Hageman

13
"Therefore be as wise as serpents and as innocent as doves. " Matt.10:16
"Flee the evil desires of youth...call on the Lord out of a pure heart..."

14
"The Lord will fulfill His purpose for me...do not abandon the works of your hands, O Lord." Psalm 138:8

15
"Who may ascend the hill of the Lord? Who may stand in His holy place? He who has clean hands and a pure heart..." from Psalm 24

16
"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose." Jim Elliot "...whoever loses his life for my sake will find it." Matt. 10:39

17
"If I covet any place on earth than the dust at the foot of the cross, then I know nothing of Calvary love." Amy Carmichael

18
God is bigger than this world and yet He can fit into our hearts
Great-Grandpa Reeves died today.

19
Luke 9:62: "Jesus replied. 'No one who puts his hand to the plow and looks back is fit for service in the kingdom of God.'"

20
The funeral was today. A very cold day. I am thankful that I have the promise of eternal life in heaven with Christ!

21
"Then our sons in their youth will be like well-nurtured plants, and our daughters will be like pillars carved to adorn a palace." Psalm 144:12
I'm still in the carving process :)

22
Art lessons. We had a light snow today. I worked on Mara's birthday jumper- I hope she doesn't discover it before then! 2 Chron. 7:14

23
Jesus
Others =JOY!
You

24
Ladies' Brunch-Mom had a day out.
Something to remember when I read the Word:
eisogesis (reading a meaning into the text) vs. exegesis (drawing the meaning out of the text)


25
"I have been crucified with Christ; and it is no longer I who live, but Christ who loves in me...who loved me, and [gave himself for me]. " Gal. 2:20

26
Mrs. Nisbett's birthday! Mom got her some flowers but forgot to give them to her on Sunday (yesterday). :) Another gorgeous day! Feels like it shouldn't be winter.

27
The weather is warm and beautiful! Spring seems so close on days like these.
"Can the world see Jesus when they look at me?"
"Let no man despise thy youth."

28
"My soul thirsts for God, for the living God. Where can I go and meet with God? Put your hope in God, for I will yet praise Him..." from Psalm 42

29
"What sails are to a ship, and wings to a bird-so is prayer to the soul.." Corrie ten Boom
I want to have a burden of prayer

30
Sang tonight with the D's. We love them like family. :) I've missed singing these past few weeks.

31
"Why should my heart be troubled, and long for heaven and home? When Jesus is my helper, my constant Friend is He..."



No comments:

Post a Comment