Thursday, November 13, 2008

Fried Sweet Potatoes

Ever had 'em? They're wonderful! Tom had a good sweet potato crop this year and I've been looking for creative ways to prepare the lowly but lovely sweet potato. Along with our dinner tonight, I served fried sweet potatoes. Oh my, did that bring back childhood memories!

They're quite easy to fix. Just slice your washed and peeled sweet potatoes fairly thinly, and fry in hot oil as you would white potatoes. We like ours puffy and not too crisp. Drain well, pat with paper towels, and salt liberally. The salt brings out the sweet flavor as well. Tom and the children LOVED them! So did our dinner guest from India. In fact, that's why I don't have a picture. They were INHALED. I see fried sweet potatoes reappearing in my culinary future!

No comments:

Post a Comment