Friday, November 9, 2012

Day 7: Miracle Soup

Nutritious brothy soup with veggies


Written in the a.m.:

Today is soup day! While soup sounds cozy and appropriate this time of year, today projects to be a warm one-in the 70's! No complaints, though. I love this sort of weather!

I'm sure I will want to eat ice-cream instead of soup. And I have some lovely Trader Joe's pumpkin ice-cream in the freezer.

Another half a pound lost!


Evening update:

Here is my "Miracle Soup" recipe":

Saute 2 onions in a bit of olive oil.
Meanwhile, chop up an entire head of cabbage and throw that on top.
Add, finely chopped:
1 bell pepper
5 celery stalks
Stir in 2 cans organic diced tomatoes, in their juice.
Add a couple cloves freshly minced garlic and spices to your taste.
Pour a 32 ounce carton of your choice of stock over everything. I used Trader Joe's turkey stock but you could use chicken or beef or better yet, your own.
Simmer until veggies are soft.


So that, and water, was on the menu for today. I like cabbage, and enjoyed the soup! There was plenty, so I reinvented it for the family's dinner with leftover chicken and rice.

Then, for some reason, I got a pounding headache in the late afternoon. I know I'm not dehydrated, so that's all good. I made myself some French press coffee...it was divine, all black and aromatic! That and ibuprofen helped the headache.

I'm pleased the 7 days went so well...more thoughts on that later!


Notes:
This was a light and tasty way to end the cleanse. The soup was easy to make, and surprisingly filling.



1 comment:

  1. hope you enjoy your bucket of ice cream for breakfast tomorrow morning ;) one must celebrate these victories well.

    ReplyDelete