Friday, April 13, 2012

Notables


Traveling without baggage: LugLess will send it ahead for you!

This is a great cookbook on eating economically, resourcefully, nutritiously: More with Less. I've been using it for years. (And here's an Amazon link.)

Thursday (of Jasper Fforde's Thursday Next novels) has a mother who's one skill in the kitchen is baking battenburg cake. Well, reading about her battenburg being sliced up and passed around throughout the books was making me hungry for cake but I assumed it was, you know, a made up cake. Then one day I could stand the suspense no longer and after a little Google research discovered that it was indeed a REAL cake! In 1884 the cake was created in honor of the auspicious marriage betwixt Queen Victoria's granddaughter to Prince Louis of, no less, Battenberg. I want to make the recipe found here at Sprinkle Bakes. Anyone have a battenburg pan sitting around?!?

Having sensitive skin, I've tried various skincare companies through the years but was never completely satisfied with any of them...until my friend Angie introduced me to Jordan Essentials. WOW. What a difference! I've been using their products for over a year now and hope they will continue making me look like a 29 year old for at least the next ten years. The best part? Everything is made with quality, natural ingredients right here in Missouri! How great to discover a company like that to support! I decided to become a consultant for the extra discount on purchases since I plan on using their skincare and make-up line exclusively, and it didn't cost me anything extra! (While I'm not a consultant to build a business, if you want to order something let me know and I will certainly help in any way I can.)


No comments:

Post a Comment