Friday, April 17, 2009

Sickness & Gratefulness

Our week started out with Hosanna and Caleb developing a dry, nagging cough. Wednesday night Drew got a fever and his cold has made him incredibly miserable and fussy! The rest of us are doing okay, Hosanna and Caleb improving, but I do feel a little worn out after being up with Drew during the night.

My friend Linda and I were discussing the importance of gratefulness in our lives, and not giving in to a selfish spirit. I thought of that this morning as I lay in bed with my ill child. I felt grateful to have a rambunctious two year old, and that this illness is just temporary. I was grateful that I wasn't suffering from a disease and could care for him. I was grateful, yes, to be laying in a messy bed in a messy room in a messy house with my sick child!

I have a lot to learn about gratefulness and patience. This week's lessons come in the form of a Nasty Cold and its Effects. :)

1 comment:

  1. What a refreshing point of view! Thanks for the lovely reminder. I will be praying for your little ones!

    Becky

    ReplyDelete