Sunday, February 1, 2009

Notes From 1998 :: February

1
"I want to praise you, Lord, much more than I do...Learn to seek your face and the knowledge of your grace-I want to praise you Lord..."

2
Enjoying watching the birds at the bird feeder while I do dishes. About the only thing I can identify is a robin!

3
A thought: "If you don't know where you are going, you'll probably end up somewhere else." How true!

4
"Not one blessing is pronounced on having. Not one blessing is pronounced on doing. All the blessings are pronounced on being." Matthew 5, the Beatitudes

5
Got a call from Lisa Bode this morning. It was neat to hear her voice!

6
Sang at the D's tonight with the Wilkins.
"It's a very good plan to turn a sigh into a song." Amy Carmichael

7
"Missionaries are very human...simply a bunch of nobodies trying to exalt Somebody." Jim Elliot

8
"One treasure, a single eye, and a sole master." Jim Elliot

9
A neat verse Dad found in Nehemiah 3:12: "Shallum, son of Hallohesh, ruler of a half district in Jerusalem, repaired the nest section [of the wall] with the help of his daughters."

10
I am reading through Nehemiah. I like the verses in chapter 8 describing how the Israelites responded when they heard the word of God. verses 5-6

11
The children made gingerbread people today! We are eating them so fast I doubt they will ever get frosted.

12
Worked on a bread order today and school. My "algebra 1" book arrived and I have anxiously been looking through it. I can't wait till it's finished...

13
D's came for singing!
"There is no pit so deep that He is not deeper still." Corrie ten Boom

14 Valentine's Day
"This is how we know what love is : Jesus Christ layed down His life for us." 1 John 3:16
Babysat at the Toddys' this evening.

15
"The one who calls you is faithful and He will do it." 1 Thess. 5:24 (He WILL do it!)

16
Dad is off! :) He is outside right now working on the shed, on the roof. It will be so nice when everything is finished-storage space!

17
"...He makes my feet like the feet of a deer, He enables me to go on the heights. The severing Lord is my strength."
Habakkuk 3:19

18
Pretty quiet day. Busy with school. Algebra 1 is not as tough-so far!-as I thought it would be.

19
A very busy day! I watched the children while Mom and Mara went out together. Lately Keturah has had a nasty earache.

20
Mara is 14! Ate dinner at the D's house with the Wilkins and Meyers. And sang! The hymn I loved the most: "Spirit of God, Descend Upon My Heart."

21
The Duffers came over today and Mr. Duffer and Jeremy helped Dad on the shed! They got all the metal sheets up. (yay!) Very pretty sunny day.

22
Church was at Comfort Inn. In the evening we invited the Meyers over for dinner. Had fun looking through Leman's Catalog...

23
Beautiful today! The children are outside barefoot. We cleaned up brush and had a bonfire-the little guys baked apples.

24
God's telephone number: Jeremiah 33:3
"Call to Me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know."

25
The D's came over to sing. It seems so quiet with Jess and Aram gone! I baked lots of cinnamon rolls and we ate donuts that Tobias and Simeon made.

26
"God's opportunities do not wait; like a stream they pour past us. It is time to go swimming. " Tom White (VOM)

27
Mrs. Wilkin and Austin spent the night with us. We had pizza for dinner. It has been very cloudy and rainy.

28
Dad and Mom bought a wood cookstove! It isn't here yet-they have to make two more payments. Bought it from the older couple who own "Charlotte's Web". I'm excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment