Friday, December 19, 2008

Homemade Vegetable Wash


I recently used the last of our "Fit" vegetable and fruit wash, and instead of buying a new one, decided to make my own. I did a little research on Google and apparently the store-bought wash is way overpriced. You can make your own wash at home for just pennies!

The above solution is:
1 T lemon juice
2 T baking soda
1 cup water
I added 10 drops of "Grapefruit Seed Extract"-can't hurt, right?!?
Mix well and pour into a spray bottle. I reused my "Fit" bottle. How thrifty is that?
When ready to use, simply spray your fruits or veggies and let sit at least 20 seconds or preferably a few minutes, then rinse thoroughly in cold water.
You can also soak your fruits and veggies in a 50/50 solution of white vinegar and water. Let sit for 5-10 minutes, then rinse well. This is a great way to wash a bunch at once in the sink!
However, don't do mushrooms-they are too absorbent and just need to be rinsed well.

No comments:

Post a Comment