Monday, August 25, 2008

A Midsummer's Eve Dinner

Our invitation read:

You Are Invited!
What: A "Midsummer's Eve Dinner"
Where: Tom & Rachel's Place
When: Tuesday, August 19, at 7:00pm
Dinner will be served under the sky!

Two of my dear sisters (I have five!) were staying with me for a couple days, and I thought Naomi (15) and Keturah (13) would enjoy a special party with some of their friends. An outdoor gourmet dinner with real china sounded festive!





We mowed an area behind Tom's garden in a grove of trees. We used tikki lights, bucket candles, tea lights, and Christmas lights. We even had music!




Keturah puts the finishing touches on our table.



The food awaits our guests. The menu included grilled chicken kabobs, corn-on-the-cob, deviled eggs, artisan bread baked by my friend Candace, and other summer dishes.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment