Thursday, July 31, 2008

The Way They Think! and other things

While Tom was working in St. Louis last week, the kids and I accompanied him so I could help out with Gina Loudon's campaign for a couple days. We stayed at the Red Roof Inn, and Hosanna and Caleb thought it was the Ritz! When we first surveyed our room, Hosanna asked in a puzzled tone,

"Where are the life jackets, Mom?"

It took me a moment to realize that the last time we stayed overnight in a "hotel" was during our cruise last fall, where each room was outfitted with life jackets.
I reassured her that we didn't need them, seeing as how we weren't near any large bodies of water!

A couple days ago, as we were driving and Caleb was (again) outlining the plan for his life (he insists that he's going to be an engineer), he causally stated, "Well, when I get married and have a wife, I'm going to buy that stuff you drink to have babies. So we can drink it and have a baby." (???)

I have no clue where that came from!

Ahh, the conversations that arise with kids!

As you can see, I have not been blogging much, or doing anything but the basics, for most of June and July. I recently had a second root canal (yesterday....and still ouch!) and discovered that tooth pain can get quite debilitating. However, I've enjoyed visits from family and friends, most of them helping me out!, and seeing the kids enjoy swimming and doing other summer activities. Tom's garden is like the Amazon rain forest and producing like crazy. The fresh vegetables have been great! He and the kids tend the garden and pick the produce, and pile everything on my counter. Most of it has been used, although some green beans have gone to waste. The next crop will go in our freezer!

I'm looking forward to feeling more like myself in the next couple weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment